Monday, December 19, 2011

A Child's Cry For Help

"So, LO, I was thinking I might go to the hardware store. How about it?"
" Nonononnonono.  That won't be happening."
"That's cool, I'll just go down and check out the Nordic trak in the basement; see if we can't get that going."
"Your kidding right? That's the most disquieting idea I've ever heard. I'm not sure how long it will take me to recover from this; I'm going to need a moment..."
"Fine. Know what? I'll just jump in the shower for 5 minutes. Be right back."
"ARE YOU INSANE?! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US BOTH?! SOMEONE, CALL SOCIAL SERVICES! THIS WOMAN IS CLEARLY SET ON PLACING US IN MORTAL PERIL!"
"So, another afternoon of sitting on the couch, bouncing then, huh?"
"Ah, yes, that will be just fine....a little gentler please...."

No comments:

Post a Comment